Pus filled lump on the nipple after piercing. Infection?

hello, Ive had my nipple piercings for approx. a year now and about a couple of months ago on one side of each piercing a marple like bump has formed that produces puss and leave a dry crusty discharge . I pretty sure its an infection i just want to make certain it isnt too late to take the right measure to getting the infection cured
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

From the description given by you it seems to be a infection.

Please consult your doctor at the earliest possible. Antibiotics may be prescribed by him to treat the infection.

He may have to do a incision and drainage if there is abscess formation.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics