Pus filled lump near ears. Can I burst them? Treat them with?

Hello, I have a sore puss-filled lump where my ear joins my scalp , & not for the first time. I have a feeling it might be related to smoking or even coffee drinking. My ears are of reasonable proportions, & they often seem to cause me trouble in this area...I m seemingly forever attempting to burst/lance lumps in the shower etc. Is there anything I can treat it with? I s smoking the only cause? I shower twice a day after exercise, so sweat a reasonable amount too. Thank you Richard.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012