Pus filled itchy rashes on fingers and wrist which is spreading. Relieved on taking Methylprednisolone. Reappeared with itching and redness. Cure?

I had a red Rash on my fingers and wrist that went down to my elbow; on my hands where the skin is broken is is oozing a yellow liquid.. It was EXTREMELY itchy. I went to my PCP and they gave me Methylprednisolone in a 6 day pack. It almost made the rash go away, but i could just barely see a feint outline where it use to be. Now, it seems to be coming back again! The itch and the redness. Should I go back to my doctor, is there any hope it could go away on it s own? I ve been icing my itchy spots, because the heat was making it worse and itch more.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012