Pus filled bump on the nose after piercing . Could it be due to infection or gold allergy?

I got my nose pierced 8 weeks ago with a gold ring. I made the mistake of rotating it from day 2 itself. I have been cleaning it dilligently - perhaps too diliigently, which formed a bump both inside and outside on the nostril . I used antibiotic cream, ate a course of augmentin 625 after which the bump inside went away. For the last one week I have been using hot compresses and put some dissolved aspirin on the bump outside and yet the bump keeps getting smaller and bigger after which there is a bit of pus discharge. what should I do? Could I be allergic to the gold? I
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012