Pus filled bump in the vagina. On antibiotics. Cyst or diverticulum? Need surgery?

I noticed a marble sized ball at the opening of my vagina. I went to the obgyn and she said that everything gynecological look ok. She said she couldnt see anything wrong. I then showed her the bump I was talking about. She examined it, and moved and squeezed it. She said that pus came out of it. She referred me to a urologist and gave me antibiotics. She also told me that it was a cyst or a diverticulum. I am very scared that there is something really wrong. Will this clear up? Do I need to have surgery?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Mar 2013
A vaginal cyst can be corrected with medication or antibiotics.
A urethral diverticulum also is easily treatable.
there is no cause for worry in either case, although minor surgery maybe required.
Do not worry much about it.