Pus filled bubble and abrasion on palm. What is the pus? What am I advised?

My six year old daughter recently fell and had a small abrasion on the palm of her hand . A few days later, it was a puss filled bubble, looked like a blister , except it was filled with yellow puss and the top skin was thick, it was about the size of a kidney bean. We were able to squeeze out the fluid and have been cleaning it regularly with peroxide and covering it with a bandaid. There doesn t seem to be any more puss, however, the area is now a thick flakey white scab, red around the edges and bigger than the original sore (probably about the size of a quarter). It does appear to be healing , but not really the way we thought it would... advice?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012