Pus discharge from urethra, blood stains, frequent urination. Culture tests suggests STI

Hi. My husband had pus discharge from his urethra last week and blood stains, frequent urination . He went to hospital and doctor, general physician said it was UTI after he said he never had sexual intercourse with a different partner. However, a culture test was done and today after four days he went to check on results. A different doctor said the culture did not reveal any specific bacteria and said it could not be UTI. She insists it is STI but in his sexual history, if indeed he is honest, we are wondering where the STI could have come from? As his spouse, I have had frequent UTI attacks including one week before his urethra discharge started. Kindly advise. A urologist or gynaecologist please...
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013