Pus discharge from nipple, swelling, painful. What is it?

Hiii sir m a male aged 24. I get sum puss kind of thing from my left nipple ..last year I went to a doctor nd he suggested that there is nothing to be worried.. But aftr a year my nipple again gets red swolen nd pains. And when I squeeze it puss cones out sometimes a lil thick white colour and sumtyms a white liquid sortof thing.. Plzz help what to do..nd how to cure it..thnxx
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello Mr. Prashant,

First we have to confirm it is pus. A pathologist can examine a drop of the discharge, smeared on a glass slide. He may also advice a culture test to see whether there are any microbes needing antibiotics.

If the swelling and pain of left nipple alone is annoyingly often, then you need to see a surgeon. Follow his advice on diagnosing it and then how to cure it. He may suggest a fine needle aspiration of the nipple to study the nature of tissue underneath.

Rarely medical diseases may affect the man’s nipples. The pathologist’s opinion will tell you whether you need any further medical tests. Let me re-assure you that not many life-threatening diseases can affect your nipple at 24 years of age.

Hope you find a permanent solution for your problem soon. Thanks a lot for using