Purple welts on legs, hips and stomach. Tender, fluid-filled. Painful. What is this?

I sometimes get these purple welts, mainly on my legs and hips, today I have one on my stomach . They are a dark red, almost purple blister with a pinkish ring on the outside. They are tender and look as though they are filled with fluid like a blister. Eventually they turn into an ulcer and take awhile to heel. They haven t been a lot of trouble other than a bit painful. I have had shingles before and I don t think this is it....
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012