Purple spot on eyelid, had an eye surgery. What is it and is it contagious?

I woke up this morning and noticed a purple spot on my eyelid that is closest to my nose , my son also has a purple spot appear on his eyelid as well, however his had a bit of a bump and mine has no bump. my son still has this on his eye, he had eye surgery a few weeks ago and the doctor said it was a infection and took care of the bump however both of us have a purple spot on our eyelid, what is this and is this contagious
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013