Purple sore throat, tonsil swollen, no fever, sinuses feel puffy, muscle ache

Good afternoon. After feeling a sore throat come on yesterday (normal with me with the change in the season), I was a bit alarmed to find last night that my tonsil is slightly swollen, very sore, and purple (not normal with my sore throats). I m also quite chilly (although no fever ), my sinuses feel puffy , and my muscles have started to ache. As I m unable to request a GP appointment until this something I should be concerned about?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012