Purple nail beds in pinky and ring finger. Have Fibro. Is this serious?

I have been having problems with my pinky & ring finger nailbeds on both lt. and rt. hands. My nailbeds turn a deep purple, sometimes purplish grey. I have seen a cardiologist and have no probs there, but have had problems with Anemia and low B12 levels. I have been to see a Rheumatologist because my GP thought that I could have Raymaud s. The Rheumatologist diagnosed me with Fibro, and I am waiting on bloodwork to see if there could be an autoimmune or connective tissue disease but the Rheumy said that it is highly unlikely. My question is, are my purple nails a sign of something serious?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013