Purple lump in armpits, burns to touch, bled when squeezed, pain. How to get relief?

I have a purple lump in my armpit looks like a blood vessel when touched it burns. I squeezed a little and a large amount of blood gushed out through a little pore. It is still very purple nd with minor pain. On my other arm pit I have a small lump as well although not purple it hurts when touched. Please help what should I do or should I even be concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Hello and welcome to HCM
Yes you should be concerned and consult your doctor and get proper diagnosis. The lump in both the armpit may be local abscess or inflammation of Lymph node. You surely needs a course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. Culture of the fluid/blood may be required.
Do regular aseptic dressing of the wound and don't squeeze it until you get to a diagnosis.
Keep the armpits dry as much as possible.
Last opinion consult your doctor and follow the advises.
Best Wishes