Purple coloured bruises on the leg while playing football, no pain,swelling. What could it be?

Hi, he was playing softball and was running, he felt a pain in his leg which then cause him to stop and be helped to the side line. The next day there was a bright purple bruise the size of a half dollar on the upper thigh. A week and a half later the bruise is now abou 6 long and 6 across, and about 6-7 down there is another bruise that showed up about 3 days ago that is the same size, just not solid looking like the upper. No pain, no swelling ,. Thoughts about going to see the dr?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012