Purple coloured bruise, swelling in between toes after being hit by a ball. Should I see a doctor?

I was at a softball game, and a foul ball came over the fence and landed directly on top of my flip flopped/bare foot about an inch up from my toes between the big tow and first toe ligaments. A purple bruise started to form almost immediatelly, as well a swelling . It s hard to move my toes without pain. I have been elevating it and icing it on again off again for the last hour. I wonder when, or if I should go to he doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012