Purple colour bruise on arms. Pain in left hand. Blood test normal. Is it due to stress?

My 19 year old daughter has a couple of purple coloured bruises the size of finger tips , on her arm and 2 or 3 on her legs near her knees. A few days ago she had an acute pain in her left hand and could not write during her exam. She went for test for the carpal tunel syndrome and was told that it was not that. Also she had a routine blood test which shows normal blood count and iron. Two years ago she had iron deficiency and took iron tablets for 3 months and she has been fine ever since then. She feels tired but she has been under a lot of stress with exams. I am worried about her bruises.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012