Purple bruise on the leg after exposing to high temperature. Could this be something else?

hi i have put my right leg on top of the heater for two weeks unconsciously while i was sitting on my bed working with my laptop, after that i have noticed that my leg vessels at back of my leg above my ankle is getting purple and blue and show off too much as make me so worried. could u please let me is it because of the heat or maybe it has another reason. bests YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Pediatrician, Neurology 's  Response
With your description, it seems you have superficial thrombophelebitis, inflammation of superficial veins and there is not a major concern to be worried of except that the would where the heater had come in contact has to be kept sterile with regular dressing. You need to take a shot for tetanus prophylaxis too.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
thank you for your query
you have lesion due to high temperature only
we call it erythma ab igne ,it is due to heat
avoid contact or exposure to heat
apply good moisturizer creeam and mild steroid cream over area
better to consult doctor if you do not feel good
wear loose and cotton cloths
i hope i answered your query