Purple blotches on knees and lower legs on standing up and still, slight numbness, symptoms disappear on lying down. Cause?

Hello there, I really need a thorough explanation of my condition and why this is happening. I started to notice purple/blue/pink blotches on my knees and LOWER legs and feet at 16 - I am now 20. I have been observing this and it happens when I am standing up and standing still. I don t feel any pain although slight numbness unless I move/walk around a lot. The symptoms go away when I am lying down (in bed) and when I am doing any exercise that involves moving and not standing still. I have already asked my GP what it is and she said to ignore it, but I really feel that this could be something. In case you are wondering; I don t smoke or drink. I am on a very healthy diet and drink enough water, and also exercise 2 to 3 times a week. I have never had any diseases or issues in my life.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012