Purple blotches on hand after returning from gym, went away after hot shower. Cause? Should i be concerned?

Upon returning from the gym , I discovered purple blotches on the back of my hands . As soon as I took a hot shower, the blotches went away. Do you know what causes the blotches, and should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
im dr.hema physiotherapist.

It is not uncommon to have several tiny red or purple spots on skin after a gym work out, its due to damage to your blood vessels or capillaries by strenuous activity.The spots fade to brown within a few minutes and eventually disappear. A burning sensation may or may not occur as the new lesions They disappear within a few weeks, recur from time to time, or frequently persist for years.
If you feel more pain or any signs of allergy or infection and in doubt or not sure about the condition have a evaluation with your physician.

Hope the information z useful.Thank u