Purchased a CQ10 liquid bottle. Expired date. Can still take it?

Hi, I have purchase the CQ10 loquid bottle a while ago. I have not been consistent and I still have some left. But the date has been expired on June 2012. Can I still take it? I just want this one answer without getting into my health issues and pay for it. Is that possible or is there a number I can call to get this answer?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM,

Thank you for your query.

CQ10 is a herbal medication, and could not necessarily mean this product could be harmful on consumption. But, what is most important is that the potency (effect) would surely be reduced and may even be close to nothing.

As most pharmaceutical companies set an expiry date by calculating the potency of the drug. The expiry date is fixed to when the drug has a reduced potency of 90%. And from there on it rapidly drops. This would mean your medication would mostly not be helpful.

As this medication is mostly prescribed for heart failure, etc. it would be best not to take a medication which would not help in comparison to one which would.

I hope you understand.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.