Punctured hole in lip and gum, severe pain. Applying orajel. What can be done?

Hi, I accidentally punctured a small hole inside my bottom lip, where the lip meets the bottom gum line. I was brushing my teeth and the head handle slipped. The pain is severe and I keep applying orajel , but that doesn t numb it for very long. I rinsed my mouth out with hydrogen peroxide but that didn t do anything. The hole is deeper than I had originally thought. I am in a lot of pain and don t know which doctor to turn to ( dentist , md)
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013