Punctured ear drum waiting to heal its own. Feeling heartbeat in the ear. Should I be worried?

Hi, I punctured my ear drum a little bit over a week ago, saw an ENT that said my ear drum should heal on its own. Just today I started hearing a very loud whooshing sound in that ear. It s the blood being pumped from my heart, but being that I ve never heard it before, and there s this loud nonstop sound, I started panicking over the idea of a heart attack or something. Is it normal to hear your heart pumping blood through your ear? I m sure I m hearing it through my left ear loudly because of the injury. Should I be worried? I will lose sleep over this if it can be linked to heart failure of some sort or what not.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013