Puncture wound on calf muscle, crackling sound under skin. Need for concern?

Age: 30 Height: 178cm Weight: 79kg Sex: male Occupation: Motorcycle Mechanic Issue: Today I received a small puncture wound to my left calf muscle , a small split pin (aprox 3mm diameter) was pressed into my leg about 10mm deep along the Gastrocnemius muscle . Once the split pin was removed I noticed quite a few lumps spread out around the wounded area, which, When I tried to move the bubble like lumps with my finger , made a crackling sound like air under my skin & they moved around under my skin, is this something to be concerned about & will it heal it self or should I be rushing to the medical center ? Thanks Brad.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013