Puncture on wrist by dog, had pus. Treated with peroxide. Hard lump on hand

my guy got a puncture from one of our dogs breaking up a was on the back of wrist .It swelled and had pus ..he treated it with peroxide and squeezing out pus..and taking seemed to go away till a couple weeks later.then his wrist swelled again down into his fingers then the swelling moved back into his arem abit and out of the fingers..we has amoxocillan and he took that for 7 days..the swelling continued to go down but he has a hard lump on the back of his hand and last night was hurting into his you have any idea what that is? Could it still be infection..he was feeling pain with it yeasterday again.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Your history is suggestive of an abscess (pus filled cavity) formation which needs to be opened and drained as early as possible.Since there is pressure building up it leads to pain.If delayed it might lead to pressure symptoms due to compression of the surrounding structures like nerve, tendons etc.I suggest to consult a surgeon at the earliest.Anbiotics might not completely resolve your symptoms.Take care.Get well soon.