Pulsing sensation on the left side above knee. What is this ?

Hi, I have been experiencing a pulsing sensation on the leftside/above my knee . I m not experiencing any pain, swelling or any other symptoms. It s more annoying than anything. It is not present while standing. I first experienced this sensation while lying down, going to sleep on Tuesday night. The sensation did not come back until Wed. night while going to sleep again. But the pulsing sensation came back Thursday morning and I have felt it ever since. It s an erratic pulse sensation. It comes and goes and it doesn t last long. Sometimes it wil cease for an hour or two or more. Is this something I have to have checked soon?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013