Pulsing sensation below rib cage, no pain, similar sensation in left thigh. Causes for symptoms?

Hello, I have recently been experiencing a pulse like sensation near the bottom of the right ribcage. It is a very quick 2/3 beats a sec type thing that just comes and goes. From what I ve read online it could just be a sign of my heartbeat , but it seems too qucik to match up. Any ideas? I am in no pain and have felt a similar sensation before in my left thigh, but never my rib cage area. Many thanks in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem descriptions. I did understand your problem. The pulsations or the beats you are experiencing under your right rib cage or thighs are the movement created by pumping of blood through your veins.

You can explain it very easily. Press your wrist area slightly and you will feel your pulse. You will be able to feel it more clearer if pressed further. Means pressure makes the blood to exert more pressure on the walls of the vein.

If you are feeling such sensations somewhere in your body, it definitely means, some pressure is being created and the vein is simply constricted. That is normal with every human being. Don't worry.

Hope this answers your question. Available for further clarifications.