Pulsating vein in the temple. Burning and tingling in the hand. Due to excessive caffeine intake?

For the last month and a half I have had a big pulsating vein in my left temple. I also experience a burning or tingling sensation in my head on the left side. My eye Doctor tells me that my left eye is higher than my right as well. This seems to be getting worse. Just as an added note, I consume a large amount of caffeine daily to stay awake from working and going to school at night. Could caffeine intake be causing this or could it be something serious that needs to be looked at. It is very annoying and it looks like the vein is turning a red color when it is really acting up. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013