Pulsating feeling in the head. Normal CAT scan report. Xanax and zoloft suggested. Cause?

I have become concerned about my head. For the past 2/3 years, maybe a few times per year, I get a strange sensation in my head, it lasts approx. 5-6 seconds, it s intense pressure, pulsating, radiating feeling thru out my whole head. It only happens a few times a year. I have become concerned lately and went to the MD,had a cat scan, showed nothing, my md put be on xanax and zoloft ...What could this be? I had an episode friday while I was driving and I am totally freaked out...these feelings occur and leave w/ no warning, I can be standing, sitting, doing nothing or active...usually when I have an episode and I am standing, I have to grab something to balance myself...Any help appreciated. I have no health issues, all blood work fine, not overweight , no drinking, smoking , no other meds but the 2 out on occasion, hardly any red meat, love my veggies...? help...
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013