Pulmonary embolism, fell down, scraped arm, upper thigh bruise and swollen, head hurts

i had pulmonary embalism 5 yrs ago. i fell down the stairs really hard. I scraped my arm and my upper thigh is badly bruised and swollen and my head hurts. What should i do? Iam a 61 yr old women.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
I suggest you rest at present and take pain-killers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen initially. If you can walk without excessive pain then you probably have not suffered a fracture. If you find that you are very sleepy or start vomiting then these may be signs of a head injury that needs medical attention. In this case I suggest you see a doctor.
Dr K A Pottinger