Pulled a hair out of anus. I have also read about worms that look like hairs

This is quite disgusting, but worried me slightly. The other night I pulled a hair (or what I believe to be a hair) out of my anus. It must have been 9-10 inches long. This has happened only once before, a few months ago, and at the time I didnt think anything of it, but now it has repeated I am a bit worried. I have read about eating hair during your sleep and the hair was around the same length and colour as my girlfriends, but I have also read about worms that look like hairs? Any help would be appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
get your stool examined & if worms are found or any abnormality is seen,take treatment accordingly.if you have ahabit of eating hair, stop it.