Puffy eyes, pain on blinking. No improvement with golden eye cream. Need to worry?

Good Morning Doctor. I woke on Thursday morning with a very puffy right upper lid. There was a slight pain when I blinked, as if there was a pimple under the lid. It seemed worse yesterday morning so went to my Doctors. VERY busy with long queue for new appointments, so went into pharmacy next door. Pharmacist looked at it and sole me a golden eye cream. Used it twice, but this morning, I do not see any improvement. Very swollen upper lid, and some crystalline material showing as well. Do I need to worry? David Schofield 67.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

You have having stye in your right eye which is an infection of the hair follicle of eye lid. You should take hot fomentation, systemic anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory drugs along with anti-biotic eye drops for 3 days. If in-spite of this a yellowish pus point appears on the lid, you will need to epilate the affected eye lash by a specialist.