Puffiness in forehead visible sometimes, flat fontanelle, normal development.

Hi my 12 week old has puffiness in her forehead . It is always there but only shows with certain facial expressions. It seems to come to a v shape near her eyebrows. It looks like fat or fluid . Her fontenel is flat and development normal. Any ideas? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Dear sherrio19, Thanx for posting the question. The puffiness on the forhead od your daughter is probably due to accumulated fluid beneath the scalp tissues. Normally this puffiness should have been gone by now, but it sometimes might still take a few more days to disappear. However if it persists beyond 16 weeks you should consult your paediatrician for further advice.