Pubic area itchy, scabs, small red lumps, discharging pus, virgin. Anything serious?

Heyy. Awkward question... but uh. My pubes are super itchy, theyve been like that ever since i first shaved there (a couple years ago) and i stopped shaving there since i thought it might be causing it? im not too sure. but basically, I have some scabs from bleeding (itching) and occasionally small red lumps that puss. but yeah. thats all. just wondering if i might have something serious or how to stop it. I m a virgin and i have never had anything done in that area.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I am sorry about what you are going through - this sounds miserable. This might be as simple as a terrible, chronic yeast infection OR something called lichen sclerosis. The latter problem is poorly understood, but involves red, itchy skin that leads to scratching that actually perpetuates the problem. This can be treated with steroid cream, but you MUST go in for an exam to determine exactly what is going on.

I hope that this helps and good luck!