Psoriatic arthritis, severe joint pain, low concentration, advised refrain from sports, prescribed medicines. Should I take them lifelong?

Hi Dr my age is 22 and i am from bangalore, I had psoriasis from past 3 years. From past 3 weeks i have severe pain in my joints( ankle , wrist , index finger ) . My skin doctor told me consult to orthopedic doctor . But that doctor demoralized me by saying to leave all extra things (gym, playing cricket and football) told that i am suffering from Psoriatic arthritis and he told it is not able to cure has given some tablets which made some impact, but still i hav lot of pain wen i get up in the morning . I am completely unable to concentrate on my work . Sir is it required that i need to take those tablets till i die....? And i am in depressing mode to leave extra things because am still 22 , n i dono wt my future ll be... sir please guide me..
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012