Proximal fracture of the humerus. History of breast cancer and lymph nodes removed. Had radiotherapy. How long will it take to recover from the fracture?

I have a proximal fracture of the humerus . Wore sling and strapping hoping it would heal. 17 years ago I had breast cancer and had my lymph nodes removed (15% affected) and radiotherapy . The fracture has not healed (now 16 weeks) so surgery has been suggested. What effect will not having any lymph nodes have on my recovery? The bones have just not knitted together and I will need a plate and screws. Thank you. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013