Proximal Phalanx fracture, buddy taping without medicines advised. Is it sufficient?

I am a female of 25 years. I have a fracture in the 5th Proximal Phalanx. I got hurt from the bedpost. The doctor has advised buddy taping with no medicines. The fracture was confirmed two weeks after the injury . Do i need to take some medicines to make it heal faster? Is there any exercise that could help or is immobilization with buddy taping sufficient? Will dowsing with hot and cold water alternately be of any help?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012