Protruding spine at the top of the back post fall, prominent on bending the neck, burning upper back, no improvement with chiropractic therapy, X-ray normal. MRI required?

Hello, I had fallen 2 months ago and jammed my shoulder causing my back and neck to hurt real bad. I notice that the top of my spine is protruding at the top of my back right where my neck starts. If I bend my head back it really protrudes even more than normal. I still have burning across my upper back at times and that spot starts to feel really sore if I start doing things with my arms. I don t have headaches anymore but for some reason that protrusion wont go back to normal. I see a chiropractor but he wont try to adjust my neck cause he doesn t want to cause further damage. I did have a regular xray and it should no broken bones or fractures . Its just so weird to me. Should I get an MRI?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012