Protruding, painful lump on clavicle, pain radiates to back, lower part of scapula. What could the cause be?

My husband has protruding lump on his clavicle near his throat that is painful to the touch. The pain radiates from that area to his back, around his side and towards the lower part of his scapula . This area is also painful to the touch. The orthopedic specialist has not been able to give any diagnosis. I m sorry, but he is the sole breadwinner and I am unable to pay for the answer. Can you still help us?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012