Protruded lower rib, increasing and causing pain during physical activity. What is the cause?

I am 15 years old and for the past four years or so I have noticed that my lower left rib sticks out. Over the years, it has begun to stick out more but it now has begun to hurt me for about the last year and a half. It only hurts during any type of physical activity. I have gone to the doctor and had to get a ct scan yesterday as was suggested. I go back tomorrow to see what the results are. Any suggestions as to what this is and why it never hurt me before but now does?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012