Protein in urine, blood test shows dehydration. What do the results mean?

I am going to see a urologist soon-was told by my doctor I have quite a large amount of Protein in my urine and two blood tests have shown dehydration even though I drink 3 and a half litres of water a day and only ever drink water (everyday no breaks or days where i drink less) I want to know what the results mean and why I have been sent to a urologist as my doctor was very vague and I did not feel I could ask....jst so you know have also suffered recurrent kidney infections for the last 8 years, I am 24.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012