Protected sex, mild itching, burning in vagina. Taken Plan B. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I had sexual intercourse 3 days ago (protected) and took Plan B one step within 24 hours of having intercourse (because I was paranoid) A day after the intercourse, I started experiencing mild itching/burning. It does not burn when I urinate, but it is constantly itchy in the vaginal area. Is this a side effect from the Plan B one step, or could I have developed an infection?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Hello
Thanks for writing to HCM

Your problem is due to infection,most probably due to candida(fungus).
Besides local hygiene,I suggest my patients to take tablet clotrimazeole 100 mg for vaginal use.It should be inserted deep in the vagina at night during bed time.
It should be used for six consecutive nights.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan