Protected sex, delayed periods, passing grey tissue. Not taking birth control. Symptoms of miscarriage?

Hi I do not take any contraceptive pills but use a condom. I was 12 days late for my period so I took a pregnancy test that came back negative. That day I actually came on my period but I noticed on two occasions that I was passing a greyish coloured tissue , I noticed it twice and it wasn t great deals of it. I was just convinced it was the lining of my womb but after researching online a lot of information suggests it could be a miscarriage . Do I need to see my doctor to have anything removed or is it just a normal period?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013