Protected sex, condom failure, brown vaginal discharge. Taken Plan-B. Pregnancy symptom?

About a month ago my girlfriend and I were having sex when the condom broke. This occurred on Friday and the following Sunday she took a Plan-B One Step. She takes Gildess as regular birth control , and during the week where she would normally have her period, instead she got a brown chunky discharge . Should we get a pregnancy test done? If not, what are some of the other things that could be causing this discharge instead of a period?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012