Protected sex, condom failure. Took i-pill within two hours. Will withdrawal vaginal bleeding occur?

I had sex today with my bf and as the condom tore i had an ipill in next 2hrs. Am i supposed to get the withdrawal vaginal bleeding for sure?n if i do then after the vaginal bleeding am i supposed to get my periods on the regular day that is 1oth of dec or will i get it directly in jan? also if i dnt bleed does that mean it didnt wrk for me? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012

normaly you get a period after taking the ipill within a week.
Depending on when your period before that was the bleeding following the ipill might be less or normal in intensity.
It`s logical really - the nearer you are to your last perod the less it will bleed - as the endometrial lining hasn`t had time to build up much. the nearer you are to the next perod the stronger the bleeding after the ipill will be.

I would always suggest doing a pregnancy test 2 weeks after having unprotected sex just to be on the safe side.

I would also suggest that if you don`t have a period with the week at all you go see the doctor - but he/she won`t be able to see much until 10 day after unprotected sex.

If you don`t bleed it might not have worked - but it`s not very common.

kind regards,