Protected sex after a long gap, started bleeding continuously 3 days after the encounter, blood color differs from that of menses. Cause?

I had sex a week ago with my boyfriend. He used a condom and i m on the pill . I hadn t had sex for about a year and he was bigger than I was used to. I started bleeding three days after intercourse and have been having light bleeding for about 4 days now. From descriptions I ve read about implantation bleeding, it doesn t seem to be that. The blood is the same color as it is when i m on my period. What can be the cause of this bleeding?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012