Prostate exam suggested. Not able to go to the doctor due to anxiety. Need counselling?

I am a 50 year old male who was to have his first prostate exam last week. I could not go through with it due to the anxiety that it caused me for the six months prior that I knew I was to have it. I'm very fond of my Doctor and feel quite comfortable discussing anything. However, I have always had issues disrobing and being touched by any Doctor. The anxiety that it causes me affects the quality of my life so I have chosen to avoid such exams. He was very supportive and comforting and suggest that I needed to get some therapy. I have no issues with disrobing for sex. Can you tell me how to proceed with finding a therapist? Am I looking for a counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist? Should they specialize in anything?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013