Prone to spotting after sex. Can I have oral sex?

Hi :) I am 34. I have been prone to spotting after sex on and off for years now, My gyn. says its normal and not to worry all my paps come back fine, However my boyfriend refuses to have oral sex with me because sometimes i spot AFTER SEX which I tell him is not fair because it has nothing to do before hand . WHAT CAN I DO :(
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Jul 2012
Dear G725, Your problem as your gynec rightly points out is not an issue to go to town with as it seems under control. Oral sex has no relation to spotting unless the friction & trauma are contributory. From what you say, it appears that you are keen & enjoy oral sex performed on you by your boyfriend while he seems apprehensive & averse to it either because he 'resents' the spotting or he is 'concerned' for you..which option it is, seems unclear from your history. Either way, i suggest meeting a 'marriage counsellor' or sex psychologist 'together' & get counselled; Failing which, one of you will have to compromise or re-consider the core fundamentals of your relationship & this is a private matter for the two of you to thrash out. Cheers & wish you happiness in either eventuality. regds Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD, Bangalore, India