Prone to dizziness, blood shot eyes causing itching and swelling. Reason?

Hi; My mom is 87. She takes care of herself completely and lives on her own... she even works 25 hours a week as a clerk at a local store. Amazing YES! She has her problems, probably more than she will tel me, but she gets dizzy easily. I know this could be from years of inner ear problems. But my question is at dinner I noticed that her eye was SUPER blood shot!! She said it itched a little and felt a little swelled. She thinks she just bruised it by rubbing it. It looks worse than a rub could do... although I know her skin can bruise very easy anymore. But her eye looks meaty in places..
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012