Prone to UTI. Nauseated, irritated urethra, lower back pain, anxiety. On ciprofloxacin. Suggest?

Hello. I am a 22 year old married woman. I have been prone to UTI s since I was a child. I ve had three in the past four months. I have one right now that is unlike any I ve had before. My lower back aches, a constant feeling of an urgency to urinate with no relief, nausea , I will get hot/ cold , no burning when I urinate but my urethra constantly feels irritated. I went to the E.R. on 03/17 which showed bacteria in my urine and they gave me cephalexin . I was taking the cephalexin until yesterday, when at my follow up dr appointment I was switched to ciprofloxacin . The dr I seen yesterday submitted my urine for a culture test and is referring me to a urologist , but she told me to expect at least a two week wait before I can see the urologist. My symptoms seem to be MUCH worse at night and an hour or so after I wake up they subside but never got away. Please help! I don t know what s wrong with me, antibiotics aren t helping. I ve been drinking tons of water, avoiding caffeine, no sexual activity, drinking sugar-free cranberry juice. I am starting to get anxiety over this because I never feel relief. I just want to know what is wrong and how I can fix it. Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013