Prolonged vaginal bleeding, intense discomfort, advised Gynera. Is the treatment right?

My Mother is currently experiencing prolong period of bleeding ( vaginal bleeding ) for almost 2 and a half weeks now, (she have irregular menstrual cycle, she s 42 yrs old) when she went to emergency hospital last night because she can t bare it anymore..the pain, the anxiety and uncomfortable feeling anymore, the resident Dr there prescribed a medicine called GYNERA to her and as per the Dr. she will drink it after 5 days without taking any other medicine... is it ok to take it?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012